About Natasha Simpson BA, FdSc
Natasha Simpson founded Unity Counselling Service in 2011 and has been a Counsellor and Psychotherapist since 2007. Prior to this, her career was in the fields of Media and Performance Art.
Having also worked extensively in the Social Care Sector with children, families and young people, her specialist area is the Youth Sector, however, she works with all ages.
This involves facilitating support to vulnerable families, usually within a contact centre setting and keyworking with young people under the care of Local Authority.
In the application of her counselling approach, she draws on various theoretical denominations including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic and Humanistic theory and interventions, usually on a one to one basis.
Natasha feels that working Integratively enables her to offer clients a customised therapeutic process, suited to an individuals unique requirements and circumstances. To this effect, she has worked with a variety of mental health issues and disorders over the years.
Natasha’s Areas Of Experience Include:
- Self Harm
- Physical Emotional and Sexual Abuse
- Suicide Ideation
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Drug and Alcohol
- Relationship Issues
- Work Related Issues
- Self Esteem
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress and Anxiety
Natasha say’s… “counselling has always interested me and I have experienced accessing these services personally. I found counselling to be of immense benefit and wanted to, from then on, give of myself in the same way to support another persons growth and potential”.
Natasha is an Individual member of the BACP regulatory body (membership no:619934) and covered by Public Liability Insurance.
- BA Hons in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- FdSc in Integrative Counselling
- NCFE in Counselling Skills and Theory
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- NHS Community Lifestyles Advisor training – Mar 13
- Working Creatively in the Therapeutic Relationship – Jan 10
- Mental Health Training – Jun 10
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness – Dec 08
- Ongoing Assessment Skills training – Sept 08
- Eating Disorders – Mar 08
- Self and Others Awareness – 06